Sunami POS Terms and Conditions
By purchasing products, services and software subscriptions from Sunami POS (“Company”) you (“Customer”) agree to these Terms and Conditions and to adhere to the requirements outlined Installation Checklist (incorporated below).
Customer is responsible for ensuring the products, services and software subscriptions purchased from the Company meet Customer’s business requirements prior to purchase. Company does not refund hardware, software subscriptions or services for any reason including and not limited to:
Customer failed to follow the procedures and requirements outlined in the Installation Checklist.
Customer failed to properly determine their business requirements.
Customer changed credit card processors.
Customer learns after the purchase that a key required feature is not available.
Compatibility with third party apps or other interfaces.
Customer business failed.
Operational problems that arise from a customer’s internet connection or other environment problems.
Customer damages hardware after taking possession or misused or damaged it.
POS equipment no longer required for any reason.
Customer failed to attend software training sessions or otherwise take time to learn and own the system, “distractions”.
Failing to provide compatible iPad devices.
Company provides unlimited and “as needed” remote services including restaurant menu programming, training, configuration services and 24/7/365 technical support with every software subscription. Onsite hardware installation is excluded - however Customer may purchase onsite hardware installation services from the Company. If Customer does not purchase onsite hardware installation services then Customer will be responsible for all onsite hardware installation tasks with remote guidance from the Company’s technical support team. Training is completed remotely and onsite training is not available as an optional service.
The following items, if required by Customer, will be input or uploaded by Customer with Company’s training and technical guidance: retail inventory products and SKUs (e.g. shirts, mugs, etc.), inventory conversions (e.g., case quantities and conversions), product images and product recipes.
Post implementation services such as onsite hardware and network remediation are not included in the scope of support services; however, Company does offer such services on a pre-paid time and materials basis.
Customer may use pre-owned POS hardware and iPads assuming such hardware meets Company’s compatibility requirements. However, Company, at its own discretion, may not support customer-supplied equipment if a) the equipment does not meet Company-specified compatibility requirements and b) even if compatibility requirements are met Company support technicians at their own discretion deem the hardware to defective or otherwise non-supportable.
If a Customer subscription or other purchase payment fails, Company retains the right to restrict access to the software services until payments in arrears are satisfied and future payments are assured. Software subscriptions renew automatically until cancelled.
Customer is responsible for purchasing consumable supplies such as receipt paper, kitchen printer paper and printer ribbons in advance of going live with the POS. The requirements for receipt paper are 3 1/8” thermal (core size not greater than 200m) and for kitchen printer paper 3“ paper (same core size).
Company shall not be liable for advice or recommendations given by the Company or its employees or agents to the Customer or its employees or agents which is not confirmed in writing and is subsequently acted on by Customer.
Customer acknowledges that performance of Company’s products is entirely predicated on a properly sized internet service. Accordingly, Customer holds Company harmless against any defaults or claims arising out of use of the Company’s products.
It is Customer’s responsibility to ensure that they adhere to the installation procedures and technical requirements outlined Installation Checklist (see below) including provisioning of a properly sized wireless and connected internet service prior to installation.
Hardware ships ground unless Customer specifically requests and prepays for expedited delivery. Company shall attempt to deliver hardware by Customer’s required due date, however, Company shall not be liable for the delay in delivery for any reason. All deliveries must be signed for. Customer is responsible for taking delivery of products and ensuring a responsible agent or employee is available to take delivery.
Company will take every care to ensure the packaging prevents any damage in transit however it is the Customer’s responsibility to check the products before they accept them at time of delivery. Company will promptly replace any damaged merchandise after receipt of the damaged merchandise.
Hardware purchased from Company is warranted against manufacturing defect for the period of one year from the date of delivery of the goods. Company will repair or replace hardware during the warranty period and Company support personnel will determine hardware defects and authorize any returns or repairs. Hardware received by Company without prior authorization will be rejected and or returned back to the Customer. Customer is responsible for retaining the original packaging in the case of a return for replacement or repair is authorized. Customer will be charged the MSRP of the product if received damaged by Company. Customer shall pay all shipping on authorized returns.
The warranty does not apply if:
The product has been tampered with, repaired and/or modified.
The warranty and related seals have been broken or altered.
Damage (accidental or other) to the product that is cosmetic, meaning damage that does not impact the operation and functioning of the product, such as but without limitation to rust, change in color, texture or finish, wear and tear, gradual deterioration.
Damage to the product caused by war, terrorism, fire, accident, natural disasters, intentional or accidental misuse, abuse, neglect or improper maintenance, use under abnormal conditions, accidental drops, spills, or power surges.
Damage to the system caused by improper installation, connection or malfunction of a peripheral device such as a printer, optical drive, network card, or USB devices.
Damage to the product through neglect to protect the hardware from viruses.
Damage to the product caused by an external electrical fault or any accident.
Fraud, theft unexplained disappearance or willful acts.
Liquid/fluid damage or contamination of any kind.
Damage caused by user error such as malware, un-installation, other programs, mistreatment or any software problems that are caused by use of anything other than Company’s software.
Company must approve in advance any return of products for repair or replacement during the warranty period.
Sunami POS Installation Checklist
WHAT TO EXPECT NOW
It will generally take one to two days to process your order after you purchase products and services from Sunami POS. After payment, allow up to five business days for delivery of the POS hardware and more time after that to build the software, train and go-live with the POS System.
We will ship hardware to the address that is listed on your order. If that is not correct, contact us right away with the correct address. Someone must be present at the time of delivery to sign for the packages as a signature is required.
Note: Please call or email our help desk for questions regarding this process: 888.472.7479
BEFORE THE INSTALLATION – NETWORK REQUIREMENTS
You are responsible for ensuring the proper power and network connectivity is in place before Sunami POS can begin the installation of the POS hardware (whether you do the installation with help from Sunami POS support personnel or performed onsite by Sunami POS contractors). Failure to comply with these requirements can result in a delay of the installation. Sunami POS recommends you contract with a qualified network professional to design and install your network.
1. An electrical outlet must be supplied at each POS station, Kitchen Printer and EMV device location with the proper surge protection.
2. You will be responsible for providing a wireless router meeting Sunami POS specifications or purchasing an approved wireless router from Sunami POS. Sunami POS does not support combo wireless/modem routers. This means the wireless router must be a separate device from the modem.
3. Wired high speed internet must be supplied at the wireless router location. Note that dial-up, cellular, hotspot, satellite or WIFI-based services may not provide adequate bandwidth to drive acceptable performance. Internet should be sourced directly from a modem and not through another router. Internet speed must be a minimum of 15Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload.
4. If required, install the appropriate number of WAP(s) (Wireless Access Point) necessary to supply an adequate signal for your iPad stationary and mobile devices.
5. Please do not add unsupported peripherals, software or music streaming services to the same network that the POS resides on. Unsupported peripherals such as MP3 players, PDA’s, additional printers, WiFi Routers, Video security systems will impact the POS performance, reliability and security.
6. Ethernet cable must be run from each POS device to the router (internet) location. Be sure to use only CAT5E 568B Standard (RJ45 Ethernet cable) CAT5E 568A will NOT operate the system properly.
7. Customer supplied iPads must have iOS 10 or higher. If you don’t purchase Sunami POS onsite hardware installation services, you will also be responsible for inserting and assembling your iPads, card readers and related gear into any Customer supplied or Sunami POS supplied enclosures.
BEFORE THE INSTALLATION – PROGRAMMNIG REQUIREMENTS
Also before the installation we will begin programming your menu. The initial software and menu build is included with the purchase of your POS System. This process may take up to 5 business days from the initial review to completion and installation of the menu on your POS System.
Please scan, email (email@example.com) or fax 866-336-8117 the following information:
1. Menu (along with any modifiers not on the menu)
2. Coupons, discounts, happy hours, sales tax rate
3. Table Layout (w/ Sections if applicable, e.g. Dining, Patio, etc.)
4. Employee list
a. First Name, First initial of last name
b. Last 4 SSN
c. Job (manager, server, time-clock only)
5. Void Types
6. List of menu items which should not go to the kitchen printer (beverages, desserts, etc.) server prep items
7. If you have retails items (e.g. shirts, mugs, etc.), recipes, and case conversions, please call us to discuss.
Once we receive these items, our help desk will contact you to conduct a review of the menu. Please be sure to ask questions and mention any changes you would like made based on your submitted information.
1. Your hardware may arrive in two or more shipments. Do not open the boxes when you receive your hardware. Once all of the installation requirements (noted above) are complete, contact our support department to schedule hardware installation and training dates: 888.472.7479.
2. Our installation support department will verify that pre-wiring and internet requirements are complete prior to approving installation. We do not provide remote training during the installation process. Our goal during this phase is to make sure all the hardware is connected to the network and functioning properly.
TRAINING and GO-LIVE
1. Once your hardware is installed. Contact Support department at 888-472-7479 to schedule your first of two one hour remote training sessions.
2. If additional training is required beyond the telephone/internet training sessions included with your system purchase, you may contact us to request additional fee-based training. Additional charges for training will apply.
3. You will be contacted for Gift card training, if applicable
4. After training is complete or during the training, schedule the go-live date with our help desk. Please note, Sunami POS does not schedule go-live dates during nights, Fridays, weekends or holidays.
BEST PRACTICES TO ENSURE A SMOOTH INSTALLATION
Use a qualified network professional or firm for any network design and build requirements. The network directly impacts the performance of your POS system.
You are responsible for providing an internet service backup in case your internet goes down. We recommend you get a mobile phone-based payment application and card reader from your merchant account sales person or Sunami POS.
There are no returns or refunds on your POS. Accordingly, we recommend you carefully follow the information provided in this INSTALLATION CHECKLIST.